Monday, July 14, 2008

Just the Beginning!

This past weekend I took a little holiday to Washington. I'd been twice before, once in the sixth grade on a class trip and once in college for about a day. There were many things that I had never had a chance to do as my itinerary has never really been in my hands. As I often do on vacation I took, many, many pictures. On Friday, my first day there, I did the traditional tour of Monuments and Memorials beginning with a trip to the Washington Monument, which I'd never seen close up.

The Capitol looking very cool in the morning light.

The White House from the base of the Washington Monument

The Washington Monument

The Lincoln Memorial and Reflecting Pool

There are signs like this at many of the memorials asking people to refrain from throwing coins in the fountains or not walk on the grass. They all use this sort of language, emphasizing showing respect for those being memorialized.

As the title says this is just the beginning. Tomorrow, the WWII Memorial!

1 comment:

Stephen Paul Webb said...

Love the shot of the Washington Monument!