Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Things I Should Do Before I Leave New York

I’m departing a little from my usual books and pictures theme because I had an inspiration yesterday. Strangely enough it came from the Sex and the City movie. There was a scene on the Brooklyn Bridge and I thought, “I’ve still never done that," walked across the Brooklyn Bridge, that is. That was mixed with a conversation that I had with Sylvie not long ago about New York things that we haven’t done. Add to that a couple of bloggers who have written lists of things to do in their lives and you have a nice epiphany.

So I decided to sit down and write my own “Things I Should Do Before I Leave New York” list. Publishing it just makes the whole thing more real. Plus there are a lot of photography things on the list that will probably wind up getting posted here anyway. I'll probably add more later and will try to post here as I check things off of the list.

  • Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge

  • Photograph the sunset from Top of the Rock

  • Go to Chinatown

  • See an Opera at the Met

  • Actually get off the boat at Liberty Island

  • Go to Bloomingdales

  • Photograph Central Park to my own satisfaction

  • See more of the Met

  • Go to Coney Island

  • See a show in every Broadway house

  • Go to the New York Aquarium

  • Visit the Cloisters

  • See a show at Shakespeare in the Park

  • Visit the Morgan Library

  • Get a good photograph of the NYPL Lions

  • Go to the Rose Center

  • Find a way to take a picture of the Giant Whale at the Museum of Natural History

  • Spend a night at the Library Hotel

  • Photograph the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree

  • Go to MoMA

  • Visit Trinity Cemetery

  • Try a Mozzarepa at a Street Fair

  • See the New York Ballet

No comments: