Thursday, October 04, 2007

1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die

No, I haven't read it yet, but seeing Jenny's comment with the number of books on the list that she's read made me wonder what other people's numbers are. As far as I know Jenny, Stephen, Clay (when I remind him to), and Mom are the only people who read this with any regularity, but I'd still like to know. If anyone has figured out how many of the 1001 he or she has read please leave a comment and share. Maybe you can all make me feel sad and inadequate as Jenny did.

4 comments:

Clay Dockery said...

I have read 150, that is surprising, I never would have guessed it would be that high.
Wow!

Stephen Paul Webb said...

I'd be happy to do it, but I can't seem to find Jenny's post. :)

Where is it?

Stephen Paul Webb said...

Well - this really shouldn't come as a surprise to any of us, but I've read an earth shattering 16!

Even though I expected it to be low due to not reading much fiction that is still an embarrassingly low number. Now - if we could count books that I have started or seen film versions of...I'd be in business!

Anonymous said...

From what I remember, I have read at least 50 of the books on the list. A lot of books I have read are not on the list, but I am very glad I have read them. A lot of the list books I have read have been shared by my girls. They are a great source of inspiration to read, as is this list. Now I want to make my own list!